We deal with the spiritual and physical needs of people from a pastoral point of view and approach. A Pastor can be symbolised as a shepherd who looks after the well-being of people and we intend to cater for such needs.
Under Pastoral Care, the needs of the following areas will be catered to:
- Bereavement: It is never easy losing a loved one whether it is a partner, child or friend. The challenge most people face is moving on from the hurt which invariably affects them if not properly monitored. There have been instances where some have withdrawn completely from society and brought harm upon themselves. We aim to help people carry on with their lives by providing a pathway for them to gradually release the hurt whilst re-integrating them back into the society.
- Single Mothers Support: We aim to support single mothers both financially and emotionally so as to enable them to cope well with the pressures of being single and raising their child/children.
- Homeless Support: Being homeless is never a palatable situation for anyone. Homeless people are faced with different challenges like starvation, cold, hazards ranging from people attack or suicidal attempts and it is our aim to support these people to ensure they are well integrated into the society and valued as humans. Our support will take the form of financial, emotional and mental support. We will also be working with relevant organisations to ensure the number of homeless people on the streets of United Kingdom is reduced.
- Refugee: A refugee is someone who has been forced to leave their country in order to escape war, persecution or natural disaster. Leaving one’s country for another in a state of distress can be quite tough for some to adjust to as they find themselves in surroundings not familiar to them and find it hard to adjust and cope. It is our aim to help these people as they find their feet in their new surroundings. For instance, some refugees are from countries where the English language is not an official language and they find it hard adjusting to the United Kingdom like getting a job, apartment or support. We aim to help such people by helping them along every step of the way until they fully integrate into the system and culture of United Kingdom.
- Food Bank: We aim to run a food bank that supplies food materials to needy people ranging from staples to desserts. No one deserves to starve and we will be doing our utmost best to ensure needy people get whatever it is they need to ensure survival and improve their quality of life.
- Financial Support: We aim to be of help to people who are in quick and dire need of support in terms of transportation. There are instances where a working member of the society will be in dire need of cash not because they are not working but because they are unable to meet their need at that particular time due to other expenses. We aim to help alleviate this pressure by supporting those who are in need of transportation fare.
- Prison and Detention: We will be visiting those in prisons and detentions so they do not feel neglected whilst also offering support to members of their family to enable them to adjust and cope better with the change.
- Immigration Awareness: One of the biggest challenges facing most migrants is finding how to regularise their stay in the United Kingdom and staying relevant. Most of them have been duped by greedy lawyers who see them as cows to be milked off their hard earned money hence why we will be stepping in to help these people. We will offer people right information and direct them to the right solicitors or immigration advisory that will help them in regularising their status instead of been in the country illegally. We use expertise from our team who are well versed in the current immigration laws being run in the United Kingdom.
NOTE: We do not give immigration advice.
- Family mediation: Family feud has far-reaching consequences for individuals and the society at large hence our team will be working together to ensure we help fighting families come to a resolution and live at peace with each other.
- Conflict Resolution: We will help resolve conflicts between warring parties in order to foster a lovely and peaceful society for all and sundry. A conflict might arise between employers and employees, religious leaders and their congregations etc and it is our hope to help bring resolution to these conflicts.
- Marriage Counselling: The rate of divorce these days is quite alarming and many marriages will be saved if only there were counsellors in place to listen to the concerns of both partners and help bring a resolution. When divorce happens, it is not only the partners that suffer but children, friends, and family also share the pain hence why we will be working hard to ensure marriages remain strong and intact by offering good counsels.
- Domestic Abuse: Domestic abuse is the excessive use of control on another in any relationship. It can be between married partners, parents and their children etc. It can take the form of physical abuse, emotional abuse, psychological abuse, financial abuse and sexual abuse with the results leaving its victims scarred and scared and if not addressed can leave them dysfunctional. We aim to help victims of such abuse by helping them heal and re-integrate properly into the society. We will help them build their trust and ensure they move on to achieve greater things in their lives.
- Child Abuse and Negligence: Records show that many children go through abuse and are neglected by their parents which invariably affects their growth and development. Therefore, it is our duty to ensure such children are well catered for so as to safeguard their minds and enable them to become all they want to be.
- Mentorship We will run mentorship programmes to help the young cultivate the right skills and mindset needed to become all they want to be.
- Rehabilitation: The toughest challenge for most people is how they stand back on their feet after a major setback, setbacks might range from being jailed, a major illness, loss of properties and goods etc. Therefore we aim to help such people stand back up on their feet and remain strong.